East Asian Studies Minor Declaration Instructions

Poems in Wuzi's Boat (Part), ink on paper; Mi Fu

1. Declare Your Major or Check-in with Your Major Advisor

  • Declaring your major and minor in the same quarter: Obtain an approved UCSC Academic Planning Form from your major advisor when you declare.
  • Declaring your East Asian studies minor after you've declared a major: Meet with your major advisor to create or update your UCSC Academic Planning Form. Your UCSC Academic Planning Form must be current and up to date—reviewed and approved by your major advisor within the last academic quarter—to declare the East Asian studies minor.

2. Submit a Petition for Major/Minor via MyUCSC

Log into MyUCSC (very important first step!) and submit a Petition for Major/Minor. You will be contacted by email within 5-7 business days with further instructions on how to declare your minor.
This petition can also be accessed by navigating to the Student Homepage in MyUCSC and selecting the Undergraduate Student eForms tile > Petition for Major/Minor.