Paul M Lubeck
|Division||Social Sciences Division|
|Affiliations||Latin American & Latino Studies, |
South Asia Studies,
East Asian Studies
|Office||College Eight 332|
|Office Hours||Wednesdays 3:00-6:00|
|Campus Mail Stop||College Eight Faculty Services|
Political sociology; political economy; sociology of development; religion and social movements; newly industrializing states.
Biography, Education and Training
B.A., St. Michael's College
M.A., Certificate in African Studies, Ph.D., Northwestern University
- Lubeck, P. M. 2002. "The Challenge of Islamic Networks and Citizenship Claims: Europe's Painful Adjustment to Globalization," N. Al Sayyad and M. Castells (eds.), Islam in Europe or Euro-Islam: Politics, Culture, and Citizenship in the Age of Globalization. Lexington Books, Lanham, MD.
- Lubeck, P. M. and K. Eischen. 2000. "Silicon Valles and Silicon Islands: Rethinking Regional Development Strategies in an Era of Globalization." in A. Alvarez, P. Castillo and N. Klahn (eds.), Las Nuevas Fronteras del Siglo XXI: Dimensiones Culturales, Politicas y Socioeconomicas de la Relaciones Mexco-Estados Unidos, UNAAM Press.
- Lubeck, P. M. 2000. "The Islamic Revival: Antinomies of Islamic Movements under Globalization," R. Cohen and S. Rai (eds.), Global Social Movements. Althone Press, London/New Brunswick, NJ.
- Lubeck, P. M. 1998. "Islamist Responses to Globalization: Cultural Conflict in Egypt, Algeria, and Malaysia," B. Crawford and R. Lipschutz (eds.), The Myth of "Ethnic conflict": Politics, Economics and "Cultural" Violence, IIS/IAS-University of Califrornia Press, Berkeley, pp. 293-319.
- Lubeck, P. M.1995. "Globalization and the Islamist Movement: Explaining Communal Conflict in Muslim Majority States," Institute of International and Area Studies, Center for German and European Studies. (Working Paper No. 6.1). University of California, Berkeley.